Technical Report Series
May 12, 2017
Technical Report Series These articles provide detailed expositions of analyses undertaken as part of the evidence-base supporting Cognadev products. Each contains an executive summary, along with the logic, analysis-details, results, and critical evaluations supporting the statements made in that summary.
1. THE COGNITIVE PROCESS PROFILE (CPP) AND COGNITIVE ABILITY/IQ
- Evaluating the relationships between 4 subscales and the Full IQ scales of Sigma Assessment System's Multidimensional Aptitute Battery (MAB)
- Evaluating the relationships between the Abstract Reasoning subscale of Psytech International's General Reasoning Test Battery (GRT2) and a range of CPP attributes which appear in/contribute to the CPP assessment report. The sample numbered 259 South African employment candidates assessed within a recruitment process by an organizational development consultancy. 143 cases completed the CPP, with 138 cases with complete data on both the CPP and GRT2 Abstract Reasoning scale.
- Evaluating the relationships between the Verbal and Numerical subscales of Psytech International's Critical Reasoning Test Battery (CRTB2) and a range of CPP attributes which appear in/contribute to the CPP assessment report. The sample numbered 128 South African employment candidates assessed within a recruitment process by an HR consultancy.
2. THE RETEST RELIABILITY OF THE VALUES ORIENTATIONS (VO)
- The retest reliability of the VO was assessed, where the test results to be compared are two ordered-category sequences of selected and rejected orientations, consisting of up to three orientations per sequence (Accepted Values) and one or two orientations (Rejected Values). A new computational comparison analysis algorithm was constructed to work with ordered category sequences, generating a percentage match index varying between 0% (no agreement) to 100% (absolute identity).
3. THETA, ALPHA, AND OMEGA ESTIMATES OF RELIABILITY FOR THE VO ORIENTATION SCALES
- Using the VO Technical Manual mixed-gender sample dataset of n=3,683 cases, four homogeneity (reliability) coefficients were computed for every values orientation "scale"
4. VALUE ORIENTATIONS (VO) RELATIONSHIPS
- Analysing and reporting upon the relationships between VO selected and rejected values orientations, MBTI personality scores & types, Belbin ranked team types, and CPP attribute-scores, levels of work, and ranked cognitive styles.
5. THE RETEST RELIABILITY OF THE COGNITIVE PROCESS PROFILE (CPP)
- Computed using a sample of 87 students undertaking an Accounting degree course at a South African university.
6. HIERARCHICAL MULTIPLE LINEAR REGRESSION AND THE CORRECT INTERPRETATION OF THE MAGNITUDE OF A DEVIATION R-SQUARE
- Does a small deviation r-square value have any pragmatic value at all?
- What magnitude of deviation r-square is worth reporting beyond: nothing to see here?
7. THE ROI OF THE GALLUP Q12: ASSESSING THE TRUE VALUE OF HIGH-COST HR INTERVENTIONS
- This paper investigates how the cost of implementing the Q12 Employee Engagement assessment may be critically evaluated in terms of calculating the likelihood of making or losing money as a corporate-wide Q12 score is increased. i.e. The question posed and answered via computational simulation is "what are the odds of a company making or losing money as a result of an increase in score from 36 (average) to something higher".
8. COMPARING SST JOB LEVELS WITH CPP-SST LEVELS OF JOB INCUMBENTS
- This study is aimed at answering the question of whether the CPP results of individuals tend to match the complexity requirements of their work as indicated by the Stratified Systems Theory (SST).
9. COGNITIVE PROCESSING ATTRIBUTES, VALUE ORIENTATIONS, AND TRAIT EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- This study investigates the relationship between: - Cognadev’s Cognitive Process Profile (CPP) - Cognadev’s Values Orientations (VO) - Bar-On’s Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQi)